Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Portraits at The Paint Spot Edmonton

I entered two paintings in the Big, Big Portrait Show at the Naess Gallery, The Paint Spot, Edmonton, July 7-August 23, 2016. The show ran in conjunction with the Edmonton art walk.
Off my right shoulder is a painting of my daughter incognito with a squirrel on her head and above her, the orange cat on blue is my painting. I love that the call for portraits was an open call and that the work produced displays a wonderful range of talent from pure beginners to very accomplished artists. 

Under my Spell
12x12 Acrylic on canvas
This neighbourhood cat had to be painted due his wonderful intense expression. Recently I simplified the background by covering it with ricepaper collage and repainting (the original of it is posted earlier on this blog). Sometimes paintings take a few years before they become what they need to be, I now consider this painting completed.

Crazy Squirrel
12x12 Acrylic on canvas
I painted this fun piece for my Zany fun-loving daughter Melony, who is an exceptional artist herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment